Options

Looking to take Security+ soon....

samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am currently doing my own study, I am reading ExamCram book/software, and Cert Blaster. I also just want to say I am a little intimidated by the minimum score required, say compared to the A+, Server+, and N+. How have your experiences been on the exam? Any tips would be helpful. BTW I am new to this forum.
Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    It's a difficult exam but it is doable. Make sure you study all of the bullet points! Probably the biggest things to understand are encryption & PKI, and management procedures. Make sure you know the text book answers for how to deal with things so that you can give the CompTIA answer instead of how you would do it. That's generally what makes this exam difficult. Lots of questions with multiple right answers but only one CompTIA answer. But if you studied well then you'll be prepared to blow things away!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really and truly, IMO, you should try to read every book you can, because those security topics are very vast. My exam is coming up soon, and I'm trying to get in as much as I can. I'm using (Sybex, Exam Cram, Prep Logic, and Syngress). It would've been better if COMPTia designated ONE book AND only one book for these certifications. Pshhh You call this and entry level exam, no way man, my friend has his CISSP and failed this. Damn! icon_evil.gificon_confused.gif Yes and what even makes this exam worse is the min. score as you say AND 100 questions. icon_eek.gif Yeah this is must be "advanced entry level" aye, because I'm pissed right about now.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: