Options

Passed! 842

bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
A lower score than I think I could have gotten, but I didn't study too hard for this one. Just used the one Transcender I had, which was about 35% helpful.

It was harder than I expected it to be. Although oddly, I expected it to be harder than I expected to be, but it still threw me for a loop in the first 10 questions. Half of that is probably jitters though. By question 20 I am usually pretty focused. Thank god for the ability to go back and the review screen. The questions were pretty even tho, I didn't receive more of one type than another which is MUCH unlike when I took 70-290, which was 33% on backups.

There were some moderately difficult questions about Web site administration, troubleshooting ICS that uses a VPN and hands-on use of Security Config and Analysis/Templates. Stuff that certainly wasn't on my prep software. LOL, sometimes I forget you can do so much with XP. There were a few questions that were very similar to the ones I saw when testing for my MCDST. The two exams probably share a few questions.

I think one difficult aspect of taking the 70-270 is the balance of questions that require a "domain" focused answer or a "local" focused answer. Sometimes you are presented with two completely valid answers. If you are taking 70-290 or above the answer is ALWAYS a domain-focused answer. However the 270 has some questions that require a local answer and others that require a domain answer.

70-291 left to go for my MCSA then I can finally relax a little before MCSE preparation. At least I got the design exam out of the way already!
Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Yeah, i was pretty amazed how much I didn't know about windows XP when studying for it. The test can definitely catch people off guard who take it lightly. Good luck with you 291. It's a lot tougher and deals a lot with DNS, DHCP, WSUS, RRAS and Subnetting.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Congrats. Offers a friendly wave from across the Potomac River..... :D
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cbigbrick wrote:
    Congrats. Offers a friendly wave from across the Potomac River..... :D

Ah thanks. I have family in NOVA. I used to work in Crystal City as a pentagon contractor. Nice place, although 395 slowly drove me insane, so I had to flee. I may be making a move to northern VA soon. Were are the good and moderately affordable places to live? Someplace without gang activity preferably.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    As far as Gangs....stay away from Springfield, Alexandria around RT1, parts of Herndon & Sterling. Now for affordable, I would look at Burke or Fairfax. I'm sure there are some deals going on somewhere. Kingstowne off of Van Dorn and Franconis Parkway isn't bad and close to Metro Blue line.

And if you need to, get a side arm.

Any questions, just PM me.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif and good luck with the gangs... ;)