Cisco asa 5505

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
We currently us a sonicwall pro4060 for our firewall functions this handles about four vpn tunnells and about 150 user connections, may god strike me down if I ever recommend sonicwall to anyone; dont even get me started, but I was wanting to know how difficult it is to setup a vpn quarantine area with this device? how well does the content filtering work on this? Any feedback on this device is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I can't speak to the ASA 5505 as I don't have any experience with the little 05 model so I'm not familiar with what limitations it might have.

I would challenge you to have a look at the Juniper SSG5 the AV, antispam, content filtering, etc (what Juniper calls Unified Threat Management or UTM) is second to none in my opinion. The antivirus, antispyware and antiphishing scanning is Kaspersky, antispam is Symantec’s Brightmail, URL/content-filtering is SurfControl, and the IDS and SPI firewall is Juniper's own solution. The only complaint I have is the lack of customization of the warning web page (from SurfControl) and the reporting could use some work.

Here is a comparative review between the two I found: http://www.bluetrait.com/archive/2008/02/21/cisco-asa-5505-vs-juniper-ssg-5/