Find me

jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
The best C# .NET Framework training on the internet.

Go. icon_cool.gif
"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    The best training is building your own applications.

Go. icon_lol.gif
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I don't mind the attempt to be funny, but at least try and help if your going to reply...

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I've been searching (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/default.aspx) and have not found much... Still looking icon_exclaim.gif

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I was trying to help. If you're using VS, just build small apps like calculators until you learn how to do bigger things. There are free tutorials available from the website I linked to you in your other thread about C#.

Coming up with an idea and translating it into real code is better training than any book you'll ever read.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    darkerosxx wrote:
    I was trying to help. If you're using VS, just build small apps like calculators until you learn how to do bigger things. There are free tutorials available from the website I linked to you in your other thread about C#.

Coming up with an idea and translating it into real code is better training than any book you'll ever read.

Well I completely agree with that. I would just like to know what type of training materials are out there for C# before I begin to invest time into it.

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Check www.wrox.com

I like their development books a lot. I haven't check for awhile, so I don't know if they have updated material for 3.5 though.

+1 for screwing around and making your own apps.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The Wrox books are good for learning, as they usually give you projects to work on, as are the Apress books, and I found that Microsoft's own Step By Step series is excellent. As for doing projects and breaking your own code, I know it can be tough to find a direction to go. Coding's tough, and making "something from nothing" is challenging. The best thing you can do is find tasks you want to complete, search the web for suggestions on projects and coding-challenges you can do. And, if nothing else, sharpen your skills with something like developing a computer game, or something along those lines.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.