Test Satruday

ITGuy75ITGuy75 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I test Saturday and I am super nervous, it seems like there is so much I don't know. I have been doing IT Admin for over 10 years, but I am getting my certs for life out of the military and feeling intimidated. I think I am mostly pscyhing myself out. I really know this stuff I am pretty sure, but I am getting nervous because it is so important, especially the first step towards MCSE.
I took my A+ exams and did find, but just worried about crazy subjects we have to know for this exam.

Help me out!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't rely soley on your experience for this exam (or 290-291). It certainly gives you an advantage, but you also need to know stuff that doesn't get used much in many real-world environments. Being a DoD contractor I can tell you the AF did pretty good on setting up it's AD environment from the start, so you should be okay there.

Grab a decent book (the MS Press might be overkill for someone with 10 years experience) and spend a few weeks studying anything you don't use at work, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Good luck! icon_cool.gif

EDIT: Just noticed you test Saturday! Grab an Exam Cram and check our TechNotes for 270.
    http://www.techexams.net/microsoft/70-270.shtml
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you haven't taken a Microsoft exam before, it may worth the time and money to buy the Transcender practice test in addition to the above recommendations. The format and wording styles of the questions are nearly identical to what you'll see when you're taking the real thing.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yeah, I really hoped you actually studied and not just relied on your experience. Any and all Microsoft tests can be tricky, even for experienced people. 70-270 covers A LOT of areas you normally wouldn't think that XP can do.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)