Rates for Fixing Computers

jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
Just want to get some statistics how much you guys charge for fixing specific problems with computers, I will lay down some template here so we can compare. If there's a particular problem that your handling maybe you can add more details.

State: South Carolina
Diagnostics:$Free
Format and re-installation of OS: $50
Virus Removal: $
Hardware Replacement: $20 per parts (depends on negotiations w/ clients)
Motherboard Replacement: $120 (includes reformat and installation of OS) can change sometimes
Wireless Network Setup:$60 for home network(might change depends on number of computers)
Data Recovery:$

I just want to know if im charging less or not.

Comments

• hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    When I did that kind of stuff, we always charged more if they didn't make it easy on us -- for example, if they didn't have their drivers or OS CD. Not like it was a big deal most of the time, but sometimes you'd get a system where the drivers for something were simply not available.

I worked for a store (not a chain).

On-site: $75/hour (mostly small 2-3 PC network setups or virus clean-ups, usually 1-2 hours billed)
    In-Shop: $50/hour (mostly spyware cleanups, diagnostics, backing stuff up, making printers work, etc -- usually billed about 1-2 hours)
    Format/Reload: $100 (no drivers/no OS + $50)

Then again, they paid me $7 an hour to do this...and my boss freaked out on me when I didnt charge a guy $10 for a power cable!