Options

Traceroute command on Nortel switches

cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
Hey Everybody,

I feel like a rook asking for help with this, but I can't find the traceroute command on Nortel 5520 switches. Where is traceroute hiding? I know it's their...Thanks

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cdad,

are you searching for the command......or have you actually tried using it? is the 5500 operating in a stack?

Nortel ERS devices are weird sometimes where if you do a ? to look for a command at the different levels of the CLI it doesn't display them but you can perform the command - a great Nortel "feature" icon_lol.gif . I will check the level we do it at tomorrow on our 8600's and let you know, can't remember off the top of my head as I'm usually in these things with JDM.

In the mean time just to clarify the actual command is just

traceroute

bottom of page 62 leading onto page 63. You may want this document for future ref anyway

http://www142.nortelnetworks.com/techdocs/5500_5_1/pdf/NN47200-503_CFIPR_03.01.pdf
  • Options
    Thanks Malcybood ..what a weird name. Anywayz, yeah I tried it in different modes. And your right it doesn't show as a command , but it could still be available. Well I try again tomorrow.Thanks Pal.
  • Options
    I'm sure u can do traceroute on 8600 passports.