Test centers for Microsoft certs in Japan

IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm wanting to take Microsoft exams, but the test centers are too far away. I'm in Hiroshima, but the test centers are in Tokyo and Osaka. Does anyone know of any other test centers that are closer to Hiroshima?

(That is.. if anyone knows about test centers in Japan..)
Working on: NOTHING
Left To Do: EVERYTHING

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If they are not listed here :

http://www.prometric-jp.com/

Then I don't think there aren't any ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, that's what I was afraid about.. Those places are too far away for me to just go and take an exam. I'd end up paying a whole lot more just to get there not including lodging and meals. Things just can't be easier. Well, I'll try to ask them to open more centers in other parts of Japan. This is ridiculous. Or at least let someone administer the tests to me here locally.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Or at least let someone administer the tests to me here locally.

That'll be a world first! If you were John Chambers' or Michael Brannick's son, maybe this could be a possibility.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The trip to Osaka isn't too bad time-wise. I know people here that have to make longer trips. $100 each way seems harsh though icon_sad.gif

Google Maps kicks ass in Japan though! I can't believe they calculate all those different routes for you. Ever ride the shinkansen? That looks like it would be intense. I suppose it's pretty smooth once you're on it, like an airplane (excluding turbulence). It's speed seems amazing from people taking videos of it though (there's a ton on YouTube, etc.).

Are these types of exams not popular in Japan? It looks like Hiroshima alone has about 20% of the population of my entire state. That seems like more than though to justify a testing center there. You might want to consider preparing for 2 or 3 simultaneously and take them all in one trip to make the most of your money. I don't know what else to tell you, sorry.
    The trip to Osaka isn't too bad time-wise. I know people here that have to make longer trips. $100 each way seems harsh though icon_sad.gif

Google Maps kicks ass in Japan though! I can't believe they calculate all those different routes for you. Ever ride the shinkansen? That looks like it would be intense. I suppose it's pretty smooth once you're on it, like an airplane (excluding turbulence). It's speed seems amazing from people taking videos of it though (there's a ton on YouTube, etc.).

Are these types of exams not popular in Japan? It looks like Hiroshima alone has about 20% of the population of my entire state. That seems like more than though to justify a testing center there. You might want to consider preparing for 2 or 3 simultaneously and take them all in one trip to make the most of your money. I don't know what else to tell you, sorry.

Yeah, I know the trip to Osaka isn't bad. I've been on the shinkansen numerous times to different cities in Japan. Actually, I've lived in Japan for about 8 years now. First, I was here in the Navy, but I came back as a DoD contractor. I met my wife.. dated her.. got engaged.. went off to GITMO and then came back.. now I'm just focusing on finishing school and certs.

OK, back to the subject, The trip from Hiroshima to Osaka isn't bad.. actually, it's quite fast by way of shinkansen.. (it'd be 5 hours by car), but I don't want to shell out that kind of money for just one test. I did think about studying enough for 2 or 3 tests and taking them all at once.. but I find that might stress me a bit. Oh yeah, note about the shinkansen, they've got a faster one coming out.. Whoa boy.. you should see it ride.. Fast.. that's all I can say.. The ride is really smooth though.. you hardly realize you're traveling until it stops at a station.

I'm not sure if they're not popular in Japan. I think they are quite popular... It'd be really sad to find out that people from all parts of Japan are traveling to Osaka and Tokyo just for tests.. I would be really upset then.. I know that numerous Pearson Vue centers offer Microsoft training, but can not offer the exams. Hiroshima is the 7th largest city in Japan, but it gets treated as if it's still a small country town.. (which it kind of is in a way.. mentality wise.. which isn't bad though) I e-mailed Prometric and inquired about how U.S. service members are suppose to take tests.. cause they can't leave and go to Tokyo and Osaka.. Pearson Vue offers tests on base.. Prometric should do the same with the military bases.. if they do, then I can take my exams on base. I sent them an e-mail complaining how the military service members can't take Microsoft tests and so forth.. Maybe, they'll feel un-patriotic and suggest that they put it on bases! (I'm just joking.. I doubt my Patriotism ploy will work though.. I had to try though!)

Seriously though, they might not have thought about the service members before and just now realize that they're not including them. Definitely worth a try!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    last time I was in Japan was when I was 12 (im 25 now) so I cant really help you out.
    And yes, the shinkansen (bullet train) is pretty neat. I rode it from Tokyo to Osaka (to get to toyonaka) when I was there. The craziest parts I remember is when you cross another train going in the other direction. You really get a true sense of the word SPEED. That was INSANE! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    IA-Daigakusei wrote:
    Or at least let someone administer the tests to me here locally.

MobilOne wrote:
    That'll be a world first! If you were John Chambers' or Michael Brannick's son, maybe this could be a possibility.

Well, I may not be John Chambers' or Michael Brannick's son.. Heck, I don't even know who they are.. icon_lol.gif but...... an e-mail does goes a long way... Wishes do come true! Read below...

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your Email.

Here is a list of Test Centers in your area.
    I hope these are more convenient for you.

JP192/
    Fukuyama
    Anabuki College Careerup School
    3F Sun Station Terrace Fukuyama
    Fukuyama Station
    Sannomaru-cho 30-1
    Fukuyama, Hiroshima

JP310/
    System Support and Consulting
    2F Maruoka Building
    Enkobashi-cho 6-27
    Hiroshima Minani-ku,Hiroshima

JP512/
    Earnest Consul Co Ltd
    6080-1 Saijoucho Misonou
    Higashi Hiroshima-hi,Hiroshima

JP307/
    Kurakazu Communications
    1022-2 Shimomigita Houfu-shi
    Yamaguchi

JP321/
    Early Computer Inc
    11-9 Kannonzakicho
    Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi

Sincerely,

Candidate Care
    Prometric

Now why couldn't they just put that one the website? I couldn't find those places anywhere on the Prometric site!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

Well, I may not be John Chambers' or Michael Brannick's son.. Heck, I don't even know who they are.. icon_lol.gif but...... an e-mail does goes a long way... Wishes do come true! Read below...

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your Email.

Here is a list of Test Centers in your area.
    I hope these are more convenient for you.

JP192/
    Fukuyama
    Anabuki College Careerup School
    3F Sun Station Terrace Fukuyama
    Fukuyama Station
    Sannomaru-cho 30-1
    Fukuyama, Hiroshima

JP310/
    System Support and Consulting
    2F Maruoka Building
    Enkobashi-cho 6-27
    Hiroshima Minani-ku,Hiroshima

JP512/
    Earnest Consul Co Ltd
    6080-1 Saijoucho Misonou
    Higashi Hiroshima-hi,Hiroshima

JP307/
    Kurakazu Communications
    1022-2 Shimomigita Houfu-shi
    Yamaguchi

JP321/
    Early Computer Inc
    11-9 Kannonzakicho
    Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi

Sincerely,

Candidate Care
    Prometric

Now why couldn't they just put that one the website? I couldn't find those places anywhere on the Prometric site!

thats because prometric's site is a black hole of information. It took me a lot longer than it should just to figure out how to log in and sign up for a test. Since then, I just saved it as a bookmark. At least you have a few by you!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    I'm going post this list of test centers up on my white board so I can never forget..