Options

Cisco VOIP Project, need some advice on software.

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
Ok, so I got handed a project that I need some help on.

We used to be using a managed service from our local ISP on a ton of routers, and VOIP equipment etc. They are using callmanager publisher and subscriber, cisco unity voice mail, and infocast paging system.

So my company decided to take over this project and put me in charge of running the show... Did I tell you the last time I did managed services for a living was over 6 years ago? YIKES.

So I was curious what monitoring tools I should be using for the VOIP equipment. All phones are cisco based along with all routers/switches.

I was thinking solarwinds/cisco works to start to monitor all the network related equipment.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    TechJunky wrote:
    I was thinking solarwinds/cisco works to start to monitor all the network related equipment.
    Tell them if they get you Cisco Works, then they don't have to get you a Christmas Present this year. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, that will work! :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

asharsidd361asharsidd361 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    TechJunky wrote:
    Tell them if they get you Cisco Works, then they don't have to get you a Christmas Present this year. :D

icon_lol.gif

that was neat!
    The harder you work...the harder it is to surrender..