Options

"The page cannot be displayed"

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have users in a corporate environment who are trying to access a website that requires you to log in with special credentials. They log in just fine, but a select few users are getting page not found errors. I checked the IE settings, had them turn off the windows firewall, had them update java(the page requires it), etc.

I don't know what else to do. It's a problem on the client-side. Any suggestions on things to check?

There's an oracle(peoplesoft enterprise) logo in the bottom right-hand corner, so I plan to check what version of Oracle they are using. I don't know if it utilizes Oracle on their machine or not.
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well of course I don't know what happens after the users login. Sometimes they are redirected, they could be redirected to another server.

But I would check to make sure they can telnet through port 80 to the website and issue a GET command.

I would also make the user go to another computer and see if they can access it there.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First things I would look at are proxy settings within the browser -- look at the config for a client that can access the site and compare with a client that can't.

Edit: I think I misread your question/problem -- is the page not found given AFTER they enter their credentials, or at the initial login page?

Anyway, perform the basic browser troubleshooting steps (clear cache/cookies, check proxy, check whether https/SSL is enabled, try different browser etc).
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    dubbs112dubbs112 Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have had similar problems recently and it ended up being a difference in java versions.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    If it's an internal site, you also might want to ensure that the website doesn't have an access list set up.
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    have you tried to repair the winsock? try and download a winsock repair tool...i've used it before. just search google.
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you contacted the owner of the website regarding client requirements to use their web application? Is it internal or external?

Java sounds like a possible culprit.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had them update java, turned off firewall, checked proxy and other IE settings, etc

I will probably have to call the people in charge of the website. >_> meh
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680