Recommended Method of attaining Certifications?

Foxhound4206Foxhound4206 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whats the best way to get C++/C# programming certified for Microsoft?
Also, where would i need to go (website, local store/vendor) to aquire what i need for this.
AND! Which certifications are more worthwhile as in relevance to finding a job utilizing these certs?

THANKS!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Whats the best way to get C++/C# programming certified for Microsoft?
    Read the information Microsoft has on its Web site for the MCTS and MCPD certifications, study for the exams, and pass the exams.
    Also, where would i need to go (website, local store/vendor) to aquire what i need for this.
    Start by reading all the posts in this forum. Get the Microsoft Press books for the 70-536 and 70-526 exams. You will also need a year or two experience writing applications with Visual Studio .NET and either C++, C#, or Visual Basic 2005. The experience is not required for the exams, but it almost essential for passing. These certs are not for entry-level programmers.
    AND! Which certifications are more worthwhile as in relevance to finding a job utilizing these certs?
    The certs you need depnds on the type of job you want. The best place to find a job that utilizes these certs are from job boards like dice.com, monster.com, and hotjobs.com. Search for jobs with the keywords C#, MCTS, or MCPD.
  • DeepCodeDeepCode Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right - everything JD said above and - I've noticed that, when you study the materials to actually UNDERSTAND the concepts, it takes a bit longer to go through the study materials. However, taking the test is much easier. If you just try to cram the concepts, and Q/As, especially without coding experience on the target platform, you will probably fail.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Get an introductory Wrox book and learn the language you're interested it. Then get an intermediate book and finally an advanced. You can teach yourself the material in the IT exams as you go along. The developer certs at not like that, at least that's the way it was when I looked at them a few years ago.
  • DeedoDeedo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have started reading the text for 70-536. I don't have as much .Net experience as is recommended with most of it being simple projects for school. Would it be wiser to work on 70-528 first and use that to help increase my experience?
    If electricity comes from electrons
    does morality come from morons?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Deedo wrote:
    Would it be wiser to work on 70-528 first and use that to help increase my experience?
    You know, I was thinking of that myself, but for 70-526. 70-536 seems like the logical choice for the first MCTS exam, but it covers so much material that one of the development exams might be better to take first.