Options

Remote assistance

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a weird issue with remote assisatance, when i connect to certain people it presents me with the username password and domain login, then if I login it locks their screen, this is more like an rdp connection than remote assistance, I want to have to option of doing both though,

Whats is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you using the Offer Remote Assistance in the Help and Support Center?

It should say this "With Remote Assistance, you can offer help to a local area network user if you have administrative privileges and know the computer name or IP address. When you start Remote Assistance, you can view the user's screen, chat in real time, and work from a remote location on the user's computer. ".
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    slinuxuzer wrote:
    I have a weird issue with remote assisatance, when i connect to certain people it presents me with the username password and domain login, then if I login it locks their screen, this is more like an rdp connection than remote assistance, I want to have to option of doing both though,

Whats is causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks guys.

If you're using RDP and logging in as their user account, it will lock them out. Only one of X user can be logged in at a time.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Right, but I am talking about remote assistance and using the offer remote assitance feature this should allow us to share the screen
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Yeah, you mentioned RDP in your original post, so I wanted to throw that in. :D

I don't have any experience using remote assistance, sorry!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Make sure the end-user is actually logged in to the machine (run a psloggedon).

Try/test remote assistance on 2 completely different machines to make sure it's working correctly in your environment.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!