Options

The Beast Has Slain Me!

FFSDNMFFSDNM Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have failed the Beast. icon_sad.gif I was actually quite confident as I did the exam, but finished up with 513 and seriously poor Routing and Remote Access rating (wonder what I'll be mugging up on for the re-take!).

Certainly gives you a good kick in the reality eh?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Take some time to figure out where your weak areas are, study those, then do a comprehensive review before taking the exam again. (Make sure you don't neglect your stronger areas, or those will be the short bars on your next exam-report). Good luck, we'll be looking forward to seeing that "I PASSED!!!" post from you.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you see a lot of DNS/DHCP on your exam or more RRAS/Security questions?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer. Not a good feeling I can imagine. I too absolutely bombed the RRAS section when i took this test, so your not a lone. This is a hard test.

No worries though. Just keep being persistent and things will work out. Check out this kind of persistence, I think it's the definition of persistence icon_exclaim.gif
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34659

What study materials are you using? You absolutely must know your DNS and DHCP for this exam, as it's probably 1/2 of the test. If your unclear about some stuff, post any questions you have. As you probably already know, there are some smart cats on this site that will help you.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    There was a truckload of DNS and DHCP questions, along with a fair few dreaded subnetting questions and a good few RRAS related questions yes. I certainly know the areas I need to concentrate on, and I definitely need to inject more time into revision.

Materials I used for this were a combination of CBT Nuggets and my own notes. Have to admit to having the transcenders but not actually using them, which is probably my biggest mistake.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would definitely continue to concentrate on DNS and DHCP as well. Good luck! It CAN be fun to retake a test because you can suprise yourself the next time you know. ;)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    I think the main problem I have is applying what I've learnt to the questions you are asked, but this is where I should've used the Transcenders to highlight this.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    FFSDNM wrote:
    I think the main problem I have is applying what I've learnt to the questions you are asked, but this is where I should've used the Transcenders to highlight this.

Absolutely. Personally I use PrepLogic for my practice questions, but it seams everyone else uses transcender and say it's great. Get to know the long winded Microsoft questions type of questions. I would encourage you to keep practicing with Transcender until your constantly scoring 90% or higher....then take your exam.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)