Options

LSA7 to LSA5 translation problem.

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
Hello,

Im doing some labs from the BSCI labportfolio on Dynamips, but ran into a snag. The topology is very straighforward:

R1 <-> R2 <-> R3

All running point to point links.
Specifically, the error i get on R1 is:
%OSPF-4-BADLSATYPE: Invalid lsa: Bad LSA chksum Type 5, Length 36, LSID 172.20.200.0 from 10.1.2.1, 10.1.12.2, Serial0/0

I have the "right" side (between R2 and R3), configured as a NSSA area, and R2 seem to understand that it should translate between a type 7 LSA into a type 5 LSA for R1 (backbone area), but R1 doesnt agree with it. I tried google, but no luck.

Also, the neighbor table on R1, states that its in the loading state with R2, but R2 says its in the full state with R1.

Am i missing something obvious here that blocks them from forming a full adjacency, and thereby a working scenario?
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you by chance change any of the MTU sizes on either router?

Does this happen when neighbors of any area are trying to establish full adjacency or only when it is configured as an NSSA area?

If it is only for NSSAs my guess would be a software bug. What IOS versions are you running?
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Did you by chance change any of the MTU sizes on either router?

Does this happen when neighbors of any area are trying to establish full adjacency or only when it is configured as an NSSA area?

If it is only for NSSAs my guess would be a software bug. What IOS versions are you running?

I was doing it on 2600's running 12.3 in Dynamips. Changing over to 3640's with 12.4 seems to do the trick. It is now working :)

Thanks Gojericho0!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't get it, what's the matter with the IOS?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I have had a few problems in Dynamips as well. Usually clearing the process a few times or bouncing the links usually does the trick.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ccnpninja wrote:
    I didn't get it, what's the matter with the IOS?

may have been a bug
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there the same problem with GNS3?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    GNS3 is just a GUI for Dynamips.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.