Options

if you feel like me, you are not Alone.!!!

pesinetpesinet Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello people,

I want to share my feeling with you because we are IT and we are in the same boat. In my job we are two team, Data and Network. The Data are 5 and the 2 (included myself). This is the situation. In the network team my co-worker (old woman) is the System Administrator (Not for Certification just because have 11 years in the company) and i am the Network Assistand (actually the System Administrator) but is the possition name. She get the problem, i find the solution, she take the "good job". We have no IT Director that is the reason i am subvalued, i am the ONLY IT Certificated in the company (Microsoft, Comptia, Apple) but no one appreciate my work. I plan to leave the company but i am waiting for response from a new jobs. I feel really bad in my situation but until i find a new job i can't said you are the System Administrator so F**** and do your jobs.

Thnaks
CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP 70-210, MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCITP 70-646, ACHDS 10.4, ACTC 10.4, ACSP 10.5, MCTS 70-620, MCITP 70-623.

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    That sucks man, good luck with it. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    its really annoying to feel undervalued; especially when everybody thinks you undervalue them. Have fun on the job market. :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, a situation like that happened recently where I had two engineers who were having major computer problems. I went through a lot of work getting their system back online, and all that was left in the end was to get the network guys to come in and reactivate a port and change a few settings.

Apparently when the network guys came and finished off the work, they took all the credit for getting the system back up. Now all the engineers think I can't help them with their problems. icon_rolleyes.gif

Some people really get to you, too. I had a new guy who was just starting off helping with tickets and he ran into a user who had a computer issue. It turns out, the guy was having problems with a mainframe program that we don't support. We tell these users to call the helpdesk line for the program.

When the new guy said this, the engineer got really angry and destroyed the guys self-esteem by saying, "Then you're useless and can't help me. Why are you even here?"

If I was there at the time, I would have placed my foot in his...<_< >_>
    I felt bad about the new guy leaving eventually. There are some crazy people in my workplace.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels.

Have found sometimes in the past you need to shout your own praises when others wont. Aslong as the people who need to know, know your doing a good job :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools