Options

Slaughtered the Beast!!

kernow21kernow21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took 'The Beast' on Wednesday and got a slaughtering score of 889. Absolutely over the moon considering what people were saying about it!
I had 47 questions also, and did panic a little when system crashed after Q42, but the guys there managed to retrieve it OK.

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

That's a very nice score too. What's next on your agenda?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, that is a nice score....
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man,

great score too!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Next, I will be going on with MCSE, 70-293 first me thinks, although have contemplated slipping in the Security+ exam, what does anyone think about that?, or should I crack on with MCSE and perhaps do the security one after?
  • Options
    Personally, I did the Security+ as it counts toward MCSE (as you know). It gives you a certification other than Microsoft; hence makes your skillz a little more well rounded. Are you planning on going for MCSE:Security or just the MCSE?

Here's the requirements for the MCSE:Security
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/security/windowsserver2003.mspx
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did Security+ right after 291, then carried on with the rest of the mcse track.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I was planning on doing just MCSE, thought I'd do 293, 294, 297, & 298. Like I said I've contemplated slipping in CompTIA's Security+, what do you think?
  • Options
    One other thing, can someone tell me if 70-620 counts as an elective or not on the MCSE track, and if so, whether or not you think I should do it, or do the the two design exams (297 & 29icon_cool.gif as I previously intended
  • Options
    Yes the 620 counts either toward the client requirement OR an elective for MCSE.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

It's up to you really. If you work more with client desktops, it may server you better to do the 620. On the other hand if you work more on the server side, I would do a exam geared toward the server side.
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Great score.......congrats.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Great score!! well done! :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    kernow21 wrote:
    Took 'The Beast' on Wednesday and got a slaughtering score of 889. Absolutely over the moon considering what people were saying about it!
    I had 47 questions also, and did panic a little when system crashed after Q42, but the guys there managed to retrieve it OK.

Congrats.! What did you use to study?