MCSE - Should I take this route

Well I've read on Microsoft's site that MCSE is no longer going to be updated and they've moved on to MCTS and the MCITP certificates. However, doing a search via monster a lot of companies are looking for the MCSE still but nothing for the newer exams. Which route should I take as I do not want to waste my money?

Also, I understand I can put my Comptia A+ and Network+ towards the MCSA if I wanted to? Only thing I'm confused about which course do I do first, the one that will give me the MCP or the MCTS Vista Configuration which will give me teh MCTS. Do I have to have the MCP before I can e-mail my Comptia certs over?

Also, which courses will this wipe from acheiving the MCSA if I send these over to Microsoft?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    niter3 wrote:
    Well I've read on Microsoft's site that MCSE is no longer going to be updated and they've moved on to MCTS and the MCITP certificates. However, doing a search via monster a lot of companies are looking for the MCSE still but nothing for the newer exams. Which route should I take as I do not want to waste my money?

2003 will be the dominant platform for the next 3-5 years (and definitely in use longer).
    niter3 wrote:
    Also, I understand I can put my Comptia A+ and Network+ towards the MCSA if I wanted to?

That is correct. They do not count towards the MCSE though.
    niter3 wrote:
    Only thing I'm confused about which course do I do first, the one that will give me the MCP or the MCTS Vista Configuration which will give me teh MCTS.

It really doesn't matter. Hardly anyone knows what the MCTS is at this point, so I wouldn't put a huge priority on taking an exam just to be an MCTS.
    niter3 wrote:
    Do I have to have the MCP before I can e-mail my Comptia certs over?

You'll have to at least take a test, so you can be given an ID number. I can't see any reason it would be beneficial to send them over to MS immediately (and before taking any MS exams). It only takes a week or two.
    niter3 wrote:
    Also, which courses will this wipe from acheiving the MCSA if I send these over to Microsoft?

Any of the electives. You'll still have to do 290, 291, and a client exam (620 or 270).
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    everything dynamik said +1 :D