Options

PAssed, got my MCSA, how sweet it is!

bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Not bad, took me about two months to get the cert. This exam was the toughest, just as everyone has said, however I only studied for 3 days prior, so I bet with more study time it would have been easier. I would normally have studied for at least a week or two, but I had the day off Friday for something else and thought I'd give it a shot. There were some pretty tricky questions on there.

47 questions and only 2 sims, and not that many questions on DHCP icon_sad.gif I'm good at sims and DHCP. I had the same MX sim that everyone else did, but it didn't lock up.
Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif now it's time for some sleeping.gifsleeping.gif then more icon_study.gificon_study.gif
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congrats! :D

Two months? and Three days study on 291?

Whats your background??
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    damn dude! 3 days to study is crazy!!! I cant even study for a week!

congrats, and welcome to the halfway point of the MCSE mountain.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, two months to take 70-270, 290, 291 and 298. I got my MCDST back in 2006, which counted as my elective. And of course the 298 didn't count towards my MCSA.

My background is about 1.5 years on a helpdesk, 2 years tech support at a large ISP and 1 year in a Network Admin position. I also have an associate degree in networking on Windows 2000 and I am currently working on a BS also in networking with 2003. I perform many actions daily that MS tested me on, so my familiarity was high. I took the 298 early because I just finished up a college class on the subject so I took it at the end of May when class was over.

I was really worried. My score on the 291 surely reflected only 3 days study as I only got a 780 something. That is ppretty low for me considering I got a 940 something on the 298 and 800 somethings on everything else. LOL, I was REALLY worried about DNS so I studied that the hardest and sure enough, there were more DNS questions than anything else. Ironically my lowest area score was on Network Security, which I find amusing because I got over a 900 on the 70-298, designing security.

So I would consider myself somewhat experienced. I consider getting the certs a bit of a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's hard to get into the industry without them and on the other hand, it's hard to get them without some experience. One thing that really helped me was the formal classes in college. I have posted to that effect on several other posts. My college classes helped me significantly and if you have the time/money, I highly recommend that path.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cool. Your MCSE should be downhill from here. 293 and 294 shouldn't be too bad with your experience. You will need another elective though, as your MCDST doesn't count for the MCSE.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice work. Congrats on the MCSA.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Wow, two months is a very short time....and only studying for 3 days for the 291.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes congrats on the pass(es) and the MCSA in such a short time. :D