Options

Question on applying for a job

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Recently their is a school district that has two jobs listed that I can apply for. Both jobs go to different people w/in the district (One to the superintendent and one to a business administrator)

I was thinking of applying to both jobs, however I am sure they will probably be discussing all the applicants and they might see I have applied two times - w/ almost the same cover letter (minus the job titles.)

Do you think that is OK or should I just apply for one of the jobs?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't see why that would look bad.

It might give them a chance to discuss which position you'd be best for, etc.

I'd maximize my options if I were you.
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I don't see why that would look bad.

It might give them a chance to discuss which position you'd be best for, etc.

I'd maximize my options if I were you.

OK sounds good, I will shoot off a few resumes tomorrow- thanks for the quick reply.
  • Options
    LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sharptech wrote:
    Hello all,

Recently their is a school district that has two jobs listed that I can apply for. Both jobs go to different people w/in the district (One to the superintendent and one to a business administrator)

I was thinking of applying to both jobs, however I am sure they will probably be discussing all the applicants and they might see I have applied two times - w/ almost the same cover letter (minus the job titles.)

Do you think that is OK or should I just apply for one of the jobs?

Thanks

If the jobs are similar then I dont' think it would do any harm. Unless the jobs where so wide apart that it would look like you were just going for anything (which sometimes we have to do icon_evil.gif but to employers it doesn't look good)