Options

Call of Duty 4 multiplayer tips?

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone play Call of Duty 4 online? I recently picked it up for the PS3 but it seems every time I join a multi player game being new to it I get severely owned in all directions lol

Can anyone pass on some useful tips for Noobs like myself i'm not expecting myself to become rambo overnight but it would be nice to see less of the kill cam

icon_lol.gif
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't rush. Aim (look down the site) as you round corners. Hardcore will get rid of that killcam and is the only thing I play.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Um, try not to die icon_lol.gif

Have you figured out why you're dying?

Are you running out in the open and getting hit from multiple angles?

Are you getting ambushed?

Do they always have better weapons?

Do you just suck at aiming?

Learn the maps inside and out. All the hiding spots, weapon locations, etc.

Don't rush in and try to be a hero. Play smart. The best thing I did to improve my FPS gaming was to focus on dying less instead of killing more. You still have to play though. You can't just hide and act like that's good enough. Just back off unless you're guaranteed to come out on top.

Talk with your teammates, work together. I'm a Halo player, but the concept is the same. We talk nonstop. We always know where everybody on the opposing team is.

Along those lines, stick together. Don't run off alone. Two mediocre players will be able to take a single skilled player nearly every time. Don't stick too close together though. Otherwise you're making yourselves weak against rockets and grenades.

Does COD4 let you watch replays of the match? Watch those and see what the better people are doing. You learn by doing. Quit studying and start fragging icon_twisted.gif

Edit: Wait, this isn't you, is it?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aim at someone's face.

Pull trigger.

Claim victory.

Have a beer.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Easier said when done when you are rank 5 yourself and are playing against people with silent weapons, perks galore, and about a decades experience playing the game. :)

I can't seem to develop any tactics at the moment i'm paying more attention to the radar then I am to what's going on in front of me, Also I don't know wether anybody else had this problem when I first started to play I had major difficulty distinguishing between enemies are freinds lol I would literally see a person on screen and think is he on my team? Bam ok guess not.

What are your tactics do you tend to just rush in and go on a rampage or are you stealthy or a sniper?

Right now I use the M16 with last stand, snipers are ok but when somebody gets up close you get owned plus the reload times suck. Currently my best streak is like 2 kills in a row haha! I was so frustrated when I first loaded multiplayer up the intense ownage just put me off I was like where is the fun in this a rank 45 character kicking my ass.

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hehehe..you guys have too much time on your hands.

On rare occasions when I do waste some time I tend to play old PC games, but I don't get away with it for long. Im banned from playing Cossacks these days :) As for all these deathmatch games and consoles..never used 'em. I gave my iPod to my brother in law because I never used that either :)
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote:
    On rare occasions when I do waste some time I tend to play old PC games

Same here. About as far I got into the deathmatch style games was Multiplayer Duke Nukem 3D which rocked. Loved it in multiplayer since it was so fast paced. Just spawn and start running while blasting away with the pistol, rarely used any other weapon.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ally_uk wrote:
    Easier said when done when you are rank 5 yourself and are playing against people with silent weapons, perks galore, and about a decades experience playing the game. :)

I can't seem to develop any tactics at the moment i'm paying more attention to the radar then I am to what's going on in front of me, Also I don't know wether anybody else had this problem when I first started to play I had major difficulty distinguishing between enemies are freinds lol I would literally see a person on screen and think is he on my team? Bam ok guess not.

What are your tactics do you tend to just rush in and go on a rampage or are you stealthy or a sniper?

Right now I use the M16 with last stand, snipers are ok but when somebody gets up close you get owned plus the reload times suck. Currently my best streak is like 2 kills in a row haha! I was so frustrated when I first loaded multiplayer up the intense ownage just put me off I was like where is the fun in this a rank 45 character kicking my ass.

Ally mate,

ev1 starts from scratch and you seem to constantly get killed all the time - its mainly because when you work your way up the rank you get stopping power (increased damage) and you get things which increase your bullet damage, better weapons etc. you can also eventually carry 2 primary weapons when you work up etc. Use the UAV's effectively to show where the enemies are too, then go kill there arse!

If you want easy points play games like shipment and just start lobbing grenades all of the time and start shooting the hell out of everyone - its easy points really. Personally i hate snipering, i just find it boring, so i usually do a mixture of that and on foot.

So keep on playing man! and work your ass up that rank! Stick with it mate because its the best online game out there for sure.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ally_uk wrote:

Until you get to level 5 or so and Create A Class is unlocked, it is going to be rough. You have to use the default loadouts and frankly, they suck. Trudge along until you get up a few levels and can create your own classes.

If you are going to play normal TDM, the Stopping Power perk is a must. Deep Impact is a good third perk but I prefer Steady Aim on most cases because I don't have to look down the sites most times. I can pull the trigger and be done with it.

Personally, the only things I play are Hardcore TDM and SND. It removes a lot of the HUD, increases the bullet damage, and is a lot more challenging in some aspects.

For my TDM loadouts:
    Perk 1 - Bandolier
    Perk 2 - Stopping Power
    Perk 3 - Deep Impact (sniper rifles) / Steady Aim (everything else)

For Hardcore TDM/SND:
    Perk 1 - Claymores (sniper rifles) / Bomb Squad (everything else)
    Perk 2 - UAV Jammer
    Perk 3 - Deep Impact or Iron Lungs (depends on the sniper rifle) / Steady Aim (everything else)

Perk 3 is probably the one I change the most. It typically depends on what I'm going to play. I'll swap it to Dead Silence if I'm going to play SND just so I can run around and pop people with my silenced MP5 or M14.

Don't waste your time with the Overkill perk. Yeah, it's great to start off with two primary weapons but when you figure out that it is easier to pick up the gun that another player dropped, it becomes somewhat useless.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ally_uk wrote:

That's why I never got into COD4. I don't have time to "level up" my character. It's ridiculous that others get those sort of advantages just because they put more time into the game.
  • Options
    The game is extremely well balanced. Level 55s can be owned by a Level 1 (and are quite often) at the drop of a hat.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find way too often I get killed from a 'stray' bullet through a wall, only to be pissed off watching the kill cam.... icon_confused.gif

I like to play with my friends (who are equal experience), but I find it difficult when you have a bunch of players level 40+ against you.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    I'm getting better yay! finished 3rd in two games of deathmatch which for me is pretty impressive currently level 10 ranking and my weapon of choice is the rpd :) I got a kill streak of 7 this evening which was pretty kool I felt like rambo haha