Options

Just scheduled BSCI Monday at 2pm...

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yes, Paul, at 3:33am I again just up and decided to schedule it :P hehe

Honestly if I were to take it this very minute I think it would be slim that I would pass it. Mainly because I haven't reviewed all that much for multicast and IPv6 yet. Having it on Monday should motivate me though. I should have probably scheduled it sooner to motivate me to actually study. So any good advice from you guys on this one? You guys have been great on helping me with the others I have had. This one does make me nervous though simply because of the amount of material it covers. Anyways back to the books!
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, Paul, at 3:33am I again just up and decided to schedule it :P hehe

Honestly if I were to take it this very minute I think it would be slim that I would pass it. Mainly because I haven't reviewed all that much for multicast and IPv6 yet. Having it on Monday should motivate me though. I should have probably scheduled it sooner to motivate me to actually study. So any good advice from you guys on this one? You guys have been great on helping me with the others I have had. This one does make me nervous though simply because of the amount of material it covers. Anyways back to the books!

if you can find a couple different books on ipv6, it may help. My boss gave me a book called ipv6 ip addressing and subnetting. It was a huge help.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck man! i had a tough time with multicast because...make sure you know it pretty well
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    josunin75josunin75 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll be taking it on Tuesday.
    Same here! It would motivate me more to study.
    Good Luck to u and to me. icon_lol.gif
    =============================
    on to BCMSN ^=============^

<Lab>
    2 x 3550 EMI
    2 x 2950
    2 x 3640
    1 x 2621
    =============================
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    good luck
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck to both of you!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck, we'll all be scanning the threads for that "I PASSED!!!" update on Monday.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    decided to schedule it
    josunin75 wrote:
    I'll be taking it on Tuesday.
    Good Luck x 2! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I second that motion! Multicast and ipv6 are your friends. :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Alright, I've gotten to the extremely nervous point... If I didn't have the secondchance option I would reschedule it. I've completely read the Self Study guide, read the Net Acad stuff (quite a few months back) and watched the CBT Nuggets quite a few times. But having been through two other NP tests I know they ask the most off the wall questions concerning the topics they talked the least about. Also concerned about time.

For comparision how long did it take you guys who had problems with time to do the ONT and BCMSN? On those I had about 30+ minutes left when I finished them and I answer the multiple choice/multiple answer questions very quickly usually without thinking about them all that much. I am a firm believer in go with your gut and don't second guess yourself.

But yeah, I see the failboat off the coast and approaching fast! If I do fail I'll make sure I post a humorous picture...

Edit: Forgot to mention, My strong points are EIGRP, Multicast, DHCP and IS-IS. OSPF I am alright on, but not confident enough to say it is a strong point. I am not really sure where I stand with BGP as I have not gone through any practice tests for it yet, I know on the concepts I get those fine, not sure about the configs. And I just plain HATE IPv6 and redistribution.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Good Luck :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Good luck tomorrow scheistermeister!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hate scheduling my exams in the afternoon; I'm antsy until I get to sit the exam. I just want to get it out of the way first thing in the morning and get on with my day. You're a stronger man than me.

I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!

P.S. How're your eyes doing? Good as new?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I hate scheduling my exams in the afternoon; I'm antsy until I get to sit the exam. I just want to get it out of the way first thing in the morning and get on with my day. You're a stronger man than I.

I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!

P.S. How're your eyes doing? Good as new?

Actually, I am the same way. I have always scheduled my tests at 2pm just in case I can't sleep the night before and wake up late. I usually show up 3-4 hours early and they let me take it then anyways.

The eyes are alright, not great, but not as bad as they were. Waking up is the worst part since they are so dry I have to peal my eye lids off of them. Then use massive quantities of eye drops for the next hour during which time everything is super blurry and I really can't see. After that though it just depends on the day. Some days are great others I see double and everything is blurry. One thing is pretty consistent though and that is they tend to constantly focus in and out through out the day. It's like looking through a video camera that is trying to auto-focus but can't quite find the right spot.

They don't lie about the dryness though, eye drops are my crack. I was told they are still healing and the last time I went in the swelling had only dropped by 30% and that was 3 weeks after I had it done. They tell me it take 3 months for them to heal completely... So I wait...
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Good luck. Let us know how you did.

What sources are you using to prepare?
  • Options
    singh8281 wrote:

To prepare I went through the Net Acad program a few months ago but basically had to relearn it since I didn't use it as much in the following NP courses. Besides that I used:

Cisco Press Self Study Guide
    CBT Nuggets
    642-801 Version of the Cisco Press Practice test (A LOT is different in this!)
    Dynamips

I tried Boson lab sim for like 5 minutes but hated it. You have to do the labs EXACTLY the way they want them with no shortcuts or or alternative methods for it to grade you correctly. You also have to constantly do stupid stuff like enable descriptions (what they thought it should be described as) and telnet passwords on labs like redistribution.

The two things I used the most were the Self Study Guide and CBT Nuggets. I recently ordered a few routers but they did not make it here in time for me to practice with. If I do fail I would think it would be because I did not have enough hands on and will hit the lab hard for a week and go back to re-test.
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    singh8281 wrote:

To prepare I went through the Net Acad program a few months ago but basically had to relearn it since I didn't use it as much in the following NP courses. Besides that I used:

Cisco Press Self Study Guide
    CBT Nuggets
    642-801 Version of the Cisco Press Practice test (A LOT is different in this!)
    Dynamips

I tried Boson lab sim for like 5 minutes but hated it. You have to do the labs EXACTLY the way they want them with no shortcuts or or alternative methods for it to grade you correctly. You also have to constantly do stupid stuff like enable descriptions (what they thought it should be described as) and telnet passwords on labs like redistribution.

The two things I used the most were the Self Study Guide and CBT Nuggets. I recently ordered a few routers but they did not make it here in time for me to practice with. If I do fail I would think it would be because I did not have enough hands on and will hit the lab hard for a week and go back to re-test.

I tried Boson in the beginning for CCNA and never went back to it. In my opinion instructor led training for BSCI isn’t very effective unless you have a background in routing. My BSCI semester lasted for month and a half and honesty 90 days isn’t enough time to get the routing through your head. The online academy material is invaluable so make the best use of it as long as you have access.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck tomorrow!!