Options

Group cert study using online conferencing

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
I am wondering if anyone at TE uses online conferencing technology to engage in group study for certs. There are a number of TE members currently studying for the same exams. Do any of you get together using Skype, ooVoo, Ventrilo, or some other conferencing software? And which conferencing features do you find are necessary and which not so much (whiteboard yes, webcam no, etc.)?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've used Skype quite a bit for conferencing. Most recently, I used it to discuss a networking issue with a friend I was helping out with a Server 2008 deployment. We were both connected into the VPN, both had RPC up on seperate servers, and we were speaking over Skype as we were working our way through some DNS strangeness. The most unnerving part of the whole thing was when his boss joined the conference and asked us how we were doing. Considering that we were both working from home, (I was in my underwear, I don't know about my friend,) it took me a little off-guard. icon_lol.gif

As for studying with my friends and cowokers? I can barely stomach to do study-sessions with them in the same room, let alone over VoIP.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.