Options

Security+ Questions

thewad48thewad48 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
After taking and failing the Security+ exam I came across an area that wasn't covered
in any of my study material and I can't find it anywhere.

What do you do when someone loses a smart card?

Also, what do you do before you start a system vulnerability scan? Notify users, start log, etc?

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    When you lose a smartcard, you contact security or administration personnel immediately so it can be deactivated.

Typically vulnerability scanning does not cause an outage because you want to test weakness in the system during "normal conditions", so there would be no need to notify users. Also, if someone was doing anything inappropriate from the inside the network, why would you want to warn them in advance about a vulnerability test?

If there is ever going to be an outage, you would always inform users of system unavailability.
  • Options
    JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion a lot of questions that I wasn't 100% sure about when I took the test were common sense questions. I would pick the best answer that would be the most logical/basic answer for the question. Hope that helps!
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C
  • Options
    Tech109Tech109 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good point Jake - this exam is definitely one in which real-world experience relating to best-practices helps. The wording of a LOT of the questions is like this - you need to go with the best answer. You really need a broad understanding of the concepts and commit some things to memory, such as the various asynchronous and synchronous encryption methods, etc. so that way you can focus on the concepts during the exam and not suffer because you can't remember some basic factoids.