Options

Getting to ISIS router config

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
Hi.

Im having problems getting to the actual router config mode when trying out IS-IS. On some images I have, its not supported, but on at least two images, (i suspect you need IP Plus to have IS-IS support), when i type "router isis" it doesnt go into (config-router) mode, but just stays in global config mode, without giving me any reason why.

I think im missing something critical here :)
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here, check this out. It will tell you which IOSes support what.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426

Thanks. I did, It just seems confusing to let you type in the router isis command one image without complaining, and on another it will tell you that the function is not supported.

Thank you Meister :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kpjungle wrote:

Thanks. I did, It just seems confusing to let you type in the router isis command one image without complaining, and on another it will tell you that the function is not supported.

Thank you Meister :)

No problem. I have come across a few "interesting" things in the IOS while studying. For instance there was an issue with using a certain part of QoS on a 3550 switch that I came across recently in my school's lab. There were a few different 3550s all with the same IOS and some would take all the QoS commands we would throw at them and a few of them would come back with the "unrecognized command". Turns out that it was a hardware thing between the different models of the 3550 series that would allow certain features to be used and others not.

Don't remember the commands or the exact model numbers though.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    kpjungle wrote:
    Hi.

Im having problems getting to the actual router config mode when trying out IS-IS. On some images I have, its not supported, but on at least two images, (i suspect you need IP Plus to have IS-IS support), when i type "router isis" it doesnt go into (config-router) mode, but just stays in global config mode, without giving me any reason why.

I think im missing something critical here :)

I was unable to get my real hardware to run ISIS, but using the following image
    c3640-jk9s-mz.124-16.bin (which was actually too large to fit on my 3640 32/12icon_cool.gif I was able to run all labs from the lab book via GNS3/Dynamips.

Hope that helps.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283