Options

College o_O??

pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
What should I expect from a community college for two years, easy, hard, ect?? Also how many classes = 12 credits??? Thanks :D
Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    It is impossible to tell you if it will be easy or hard there are so many variables in that equation, just like anything else though you'll get out of it exactly what you put in. Also don't assume it won't be hard just because it's a community college rather than a "real" four year college. Good luck though on your journey!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    12 unites is around 3-4 depending on the courses...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It depends on the school, for both questions. The best thing you can do is go set up an orientation with a counselor at the college you're thinking about going to. They can generally help you figure out what classes to take, especially if you're unsure if you want to take a 2-year (Associate's) degree, or transfer to a four-year school. In some cases, it's also a good idea to seek out the chairman of the computer science or information systems department in order to get a better idea of what programs are offered, since computer and network technology is relatively new and a lot of counselors may not be as familiar with those programs as, say, biology or mathematics.

And, honestly, you can learn a whole lot about a school just by poking around on their website for a few hours and looking through their catalog. Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Education is what you make it.
    p.s. leave your friends at home.
    bc3.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    lol what about new friends like Mr. Miller or Buddy who is lite as a feather??
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Depends on the college and on you -- you're going to have to poke around on the web site to find out the basics (how many credits equal what, costs, registration dates and deadlines, etc). After that, talk to an advisor and try to pick a program and formalize a plan of attack.
  • Options
    Full out nuclear attack seems logical :O