Cisco Routing CCIE - Great video overview for CCNA study

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Not sure this has been posted already as it was first aired in June 08 but for a great overview of Routing and Routing Protocols for CCNA students by Cisco CCIE Routing expert Luc Agossa ("Cisco Engineering Manager" - < woah - just imagine what he gets paid! > ) ....

From the basics, the first 15 mins get you upto speed on the whole concept..... See how long you last before you get lost from then on! ( floating staic routes ... How do you authenticate routing protocol updates between routers prior to update for security purposes - "YWhat ?!?" )

37 mins total and ( I think ) should be in every budding CCNA's arsenal. Local routing/vlans to continent to continent routing and why you choose the routing protocol you do.

[ WARNING: For UK viewers, there is an awful lot of "rowting" and "rowters" which really started to bug the hell out of me - US: we say "rooting" and "rooters" so you can imagine the annoyance after 37 mins of it ]

http://tools.cisco.com/cmn/jsp/index.jsp?id=65492&redir=YES&userid=(none)

[ I would use the [url][/url] but they do not seem to be working, hence the edit.... admin fix if you could. thanks!

Interior and Exterior is one thing that I had never got my head around but in one quick sentance, it all made sense.

Appologies if you have already been made aware of this vid.

Kam.
Kam.

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    haha I deal with the UK at work all the time, and hear Rooters are having Rooting problems all the time lol

Good link though!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess that you have to get to the root of the problem? icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

GT-Rob wrote:
    haha I deal with the UK at work all the time, and hear Rooters are having Rooting problems all the time lol

Good link though!

Rooters? Sure it doesn't sound Canadian :P
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • SlowhandSlowhand MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / Core Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2003/2012/2016 Bay Area, CaliforniaMod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good link, and the reason the URL tag doesn't like that link is because of the fact that the actual url ends in parentheses. Embedding HTML in a rich text box that parses HTML doesn't always allow for the flexibility you'd like. (Such is life.)

Give it a shot without the redirect and userid information in the GET string, and it should work just fine: CCNA TV: Determining IP Routes

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITdude wrote:
    I guess that you have to get to the root of the problem? icon_wink.gif

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO corny.

But I still love you icon_wink.gif
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."