Options

Inter VLAN routing with Juniper

JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've got an EX3200 switch which will connect to a J4580 router. That router will then connect to our outside world. Problem is, I can't seem to get the vlans to communicate to eachother on the juniper router. Does anyone have a working config for a router-on-a-stick type config for junipers?

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    At first I was thinking of setting up a vlan-ccc connection but this probably won't work since this will only pass traffic which is on the same subnet which are on different vlans. Inter-vlan routing is something that doesn't occur on the M&T series routers, were my experience lies, and so I'll do some searching on this to see what I can find.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    ok, the easy answer is usually the correct one.

All that is needed to be done to have inter-vlan routing on a j-series router is to setup both those vlan's on an interface on the router.

[edit interfaces fe-0/0/0]
    lab@test# show
    vlan-tagging;
    unit 100 {
    vlan-id 100;
    family inet {
    address 10.10.10.2/24;
    }
    }
    unit 200 {
    vlan-id 200;
    family inet {
    address 10.10.11.2/24;
    }
    }

The above config will allow traffic from the 10.10.10/24 network, which uses vlan 100, to talk with the 10.10.11/24 network, which uses vlan 200.

I was over analyzing the situation when I was thinking about using a CCC connection to accomplish the goal.

-Bender
  • Options
    JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah thanks, all those other options such as the CCC had me confused there for a bit. I've got it up and running, thanks!
  • Options
    Glad I can help, let me know if you need anything else.

-Bender