Forgotten voucher expires in two weeks... Update: PASSED

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
I've been so busy with my job that I forgot about that voucher I got last year with the Preplogic bundle special. It expires on 8/15! So I guess I'll be cramming for this test for the next several days. It's the last thing I need for MCSE:Security. I guess there's really no excuse for having put it off last year so I got what was coming to me.

icon_eek.gif

Actually I don't think it will be that bad, a lot of it seems like review of concepts I'm already familiar with in the real world and/or in my MS security studies. I got the Syngress guide and PrepLogic software, I just have to make sure I skim over everything and hit the less familiar stuff more heavily. I hope the retarded misworded questions don't get me!
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to you!! I don't foresee you having to much of a problem with the exam with your experience...
  • JakeSchulteJakeSchulte Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How hard has MCSE:Security been? I took my Security+ two weeks ago. I scored high because I have a new job in the security field. I think that helps a lot in a lot of there questions. Right now I'm learning the Vista Config Cert, 70-620 then 70-622.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Mr. C
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was lucky enough to have my company pay for official MS training for the MCSE:Security. The material covered can get deep, and not to be taken lightly if you are inexperienced with Microsoft server and network concepts. If you're starting out on the MCSE track, take the security stuff last, after you have the Server, AD, and Infrastructure stuff down cold.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    shednik wrote:
    Best of luck to you!! I don't foresee you having to much of a problem with the exam with your experience...
    Yeah, probably, I'm trying to avoid the overconfidence though, I know this exam has humbled people in the past that took it lightly.

Thanks for the well wishes
    IT guy since 12/00

Passed this morning with an 880. I figured I probably passed but didn't expect a score anywhere near that high. It was similar to what others have recently posted - questions that I didn't remember seeing covered in the prep materials I had used, with some that had me wondering what it had to so with security. I figured I was close to the passing mark, assuming 1/3 or so of the questions I wasn't sure about were the one that didn't count in the scoring.

With this pass, MCSE:Security is also complete.
    IT guy since 12/00

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the multiple certs. :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

Obscure test questions aside, did you enjoy studying for this one? It was the most interesting for me thus far.

What's up next?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats blargoe on BOTH credentials!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security