Options

nmap help?

zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
For some reason I can't get my nmap to kick off a scan I need to perform for work. I keep getting an error saying the input file can't be found. I have verified that the file is located in the same place I am using for the path in my command. The following is an example of what I am trying to run:

nmap -sV -p U:53, T:53 -sU -T Aggressive -sT -iL "C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Desktop\SET3.txt" -oN resultsSET3.txt

Error I get is:
Failed to open input file C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Desktop\SET3.txt for reading
QUITTING!

Just to reiterate, the file SET3.txt is located on m Desktop and has valid ip addresses in it.

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

i think - from this output :
    failed ....... SET3.txt for reading
    QUITTING!

you should check that file permission - my guess is it was a read-only file.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
    Thanks guys. I ended up finding out the issue. For some reason when i saved the file it appended an additional .txt to the file so that is why nmap couldn't see the file. Thanks for the input guys. Was also curious as well if you guys see anyway that I might be able to have my script run more effeciently? Right now with about 100 ip's or so it takes a little over 4,600 seconds to complete the scan. Thanks.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

hehehe ... :) - so that file has .txt.txt extension?

you need ip only scanning or with that U and T protocol? and was it in one subnet (faster result)?
    with client firewall installed - any scan wont get any faster
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Fun how some applications add the file extention on for you anyway isnt it??

Got me a couple of times. icon_redface.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools