mcafeelogger.exe

drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
Booted up a client's laptop today and this popped up with a memory error. Any idea what it is?

Google turned up nothing for me icon_sad.gif

Here are the errors :

First one :
The instruction at "0x00412036" referenced memory at "0x00412036". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc00000be".

Second one :
The instruction at "0x0042351f" referenced memory at "0x0042351f". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc00000be".

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    What's changed on the computer? Any new updates applied since last time it was booted? Ran a virus scan? What version of Windows are you running? Normally I've found these errors to be related to a bad driver being installed, a program incompatible with Vista being installed, or an update to a program having been applied.

Run msconfig and disable all non-ms services and all start-up items. See if it still errors like that. Then start turning things back on one by one until you have it narrowed down to the problem service or program. Of course if it errors with all of those disabled then I would just go ahead with a system restore to an earlier date.

edit: whoops, didn't notice you mentioned the program name in the title. You can disregard most of what I said then. I would just go for an uninstall of mcafee and make sure you use mcafee's complete removal utility from their website, then reinstall it. It may have been a corrupt patch from mcafee. It has happened before on a number of occasions and it will happen again I'm sure.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    What's changed on the computer? Any new updates applied since last time it was booted? Ran a virus scan? What version of Windows are you running? Normally I've found these errors to be related to a bad driver being installed, a program incompatible with Vista being installed, or an update to a program having been applied.

Run msconfig and disable all non-ms services and all start-up items. See if it still errors like that. Then start turning things back on one by one until you have it narrowed down to the problem service or program. Of course if it errors with all of those disabled then I would just go ahead with a system restore to an earlier date.

There are changes all the time for this computer, just like any other in the facility I work at. It's XP, but it's a custom version, built by developers in the company.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The error 0xc00000be appears to be related to a network path issue - something wants to read or write .... I/O error status

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/E/95EF66AF-9026-4BB0-A41D-A4F81802D92C/%5BMS-ERREF%5D.pdf
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Did the title bar of the error message box contain the name of the program or the EXE file? Also check the Windows System and Application event logs for addition information that may have been logged for this exception.