Plug and Play Skillset

bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
Can someone define in there eyes, what Plug and Play Skillset may be to them?
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Seriously, useless management jargon.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Agreed with Ahriakin.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The ability to plug in devices and allow windows to automatically configure them? I actually think that's a pretty important skill to have. I wouldn't hire someone that couldn't do that.

I read that as plug and play skillet. I imagined a little USB-powered skillet. What a disappointment icon_sad.gif
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Darn. I did a quick search around and it doesn't look like anyone has engineered a usb powered skillet.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dynamik wrote:
    I read that as plug and play skillet. I imagined a little USB-powered skillet. What a disappointment icon_sad.gif
    Oooo... now that'd be neat :D

I've never heard the term plug & play skillset before but I'd assume based on other random management garbage that it means that you're able to join a team and take on work easily.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    undomiel wrote:
    Darn. I did a quick search around and it doesn't look like anyone has engineered a usb powered skillet.
    A 2.5W skillet probably wouldn't work too well :) I guess you could do the standard violating method that some portable HDs do and just use a multi headed USB cable...

Maybe a Firewire/1394 one. In theory they're capable of providing up to 45W.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    tiersten wrote:
    Maybe a Firewire/1394 one. In theory they're capable of providing up to 45W.
    I'd go with FireWire. Remember that the USB bus is controlled by the CPU, while FireWire has its own controller for memory-mapped devices. You want the skillet heating up only your eggs and bacon and not your CPU too.