Options

Forensic Analysis of Pearson Vue tests from Aug 1st

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
New security procedures announced for Cisco's testing partner Pearson Vue. Your photo with score reports for a start... Big drive to stop proxy testing (which I suppose means getting someone to sit the exam for you) with 1 year certification banning.

I hope they are not going to get carried away and start asking for specimens and dna samples as you walk in the door with a head full of certification info. That will really throw me off !

Here's the link

http://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/VirtualContent/85149/Cisco_Security_23_07_08.pdf

Make sure your not having a bad hair day !

From an employer point of view, it's a great ide but personally I would be too scared the "proxy" person would mess it up for me"

Kam.
Kam.

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    urine samples are also needed at time of testing
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I heard that this was implemented in various places already prior to Aug. 1st.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been hearing about these new security things for a while now but every time I go in it is always the same old deal. Last time I went was yesterday.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It varies between centers too. Some will take EVERYTHING you have on you, and others will let you keep your sunglasses on your head, your wallet, your keys, but just not your cell phone. I always try to give them everything, so they don't get in trouble, but she's like, "Oh, I don't feel comfortable taking your wallet." Then one time she did, and I'm like, "Oh, feel like going on a shopping spree while I take my exam?"

I wish they'd just install retinal scanners and be done with it. The invasion of privacy would definitely be offset by the coolness factor.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    With the aid to the employer aspect, if it's some convulted link that will typically be on a paper resume; no employer is going to type in all that crap just to check you can do what you say you can do.

It would need either a very simple to type in link OR some web interface where they can just type in a code. Then we go down the whole road of personal information security and people you didn't intend getting hold of your authorisation pages and mistreating them. (monster/fish)

A step in the right direction though. You can see it heading toward a one on one exam like a driving test just to make sure you really do know what you say you know.... Now that WOULD be a cert to get.

Kam.
    Kam.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was at a prometric test site, and they already had biometric AND digital mug shots for certain people (not me). I have no idea what they were taking, but every time one of those guys left the room, fingerprint/photo/signature all required; same goes for sign in. I was actually shocked and thought i was going to have to do that as well. However, This particular center has a webcam on the desk pointed at your face for general sign in/out; so I thought that was much better than the other places ive been to.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been hearing about these new security things for a while now but every time I go in it is always the same old deal. Last time I went was yesterday.

Did your score report say it was pending analysis? Referencing this post:
    http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36576
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□

Nope, just the same old usual score report I have always gotten.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□

Nope, just the same old usual score report I have always gotten.

hmm, i guess they are slowly rolling it out.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The testing centers will likely be paying for all the security upgrades themselves just to stay licensed with Prometric or Vue. I can see where the place near me will spend the absolute minimum to remain in compliance--probably just a Webcam and fingerprint swiper.