Options

Whats easier?

surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
Hi,

Today I passed the 70-270 exam and have been researching the 70-290. I have seen a couple of posts today about the 70-290 and its almost as if some people think its easier. Maybe because the server exams are technically split into 2 portions 290/291.

Please can somebody who has taken this and the 270 exam give me their take on it. I am just after some info. Obviously im going to study hard anyway but its always interesting non the less.

Thanks
Nick

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    from what I remember they have overlapping information i.e. ntfs permissions, etc.. so people usually find the 290 easier to study for once they have completed the 270
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're about the same. The deployment material 270 was all new to me, which is why that one took more time. That isn't in 290, but there is also new server material. They're really close to each other in terms of difficulty.
  • Options
    somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_wink.gif If you are trying to go for an MCSA/MCSE track you may want to pursue the 70-290 exam first since it is your main foundation for the 291 (Win Server 2k3 Network Infrastructure).

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    it's just most people start with the client certification and then move to the server one, and there is a lot of cross over.

And I found there to be more situational based questions and labs on the 70-290 which made it easier.
    -Daniel