Options

cisco or juniper?

2»

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I haven't had to much exposure to Juniper as of yet so my vote is pretty biased towards cisco :D
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    shednik wrote:
    I haven't had to much exposure to Juniper as of yet so my vote is pretty biased towards cisco :D

I can appreciate that, a person is going to want to stick with what they know, after my IE I plan on picking up some cisco certs to learn both sides of the fence, then I'm sure I'll be able to make a good assessment on which one I really prefer.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I imagine it would suck down in AZ*. At least all the customer service reps up here have the "Minnesota Nice" thing going for them (even though they can't solve your problems).

*Oh yea... I went there!
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Aldur wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Their service sucks. They're always having problems.

Good for you though; you'll stay busy icon_lol.gif

Ya, I've had some crappy experiences with qwest support too. One time I was attempting to do port forwarding with the pos modem/router they gave me and although I was enabling it and forwarding the correct ports, it just wouldn't work. I called qwest support, was let known this was an advanced issue and sent me up to the next group. When I got to the advanced group I was told their systems were down and that they would call me back shortly..... I never got a call back. The port forwarding started working on its on, after a few reboots, but still, I was expecting a call back on the matter.

I'm just glad that the job that I'll be working won't be a end user facing job, I've done that before, it's frustrating :D

You mean that they didn't give you a trouble ticket number, or a work order number if they couldn't resolve the issue during the first call? That is silly if they didn't being such a big company. What type of SLAs are you working with?