Options

new A+ student

TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
In september I will be going to classes for the A+ exam. IS there any adivce or suggestions as to what I am going to run into? Is the A+ curriculum hard? What should I expect? The classes are for 6 weeks. Im hoping that when comes test day, I pass and can go job hunting! Im new to the site so any help would be appriciated. Also, Is there a lot of jobs for entry level technicians with just an A+ cert?

-Michael
Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A+ alone might get you into a help desk or Geek Squad style job, but not much more unless you have a degree or something.

A+ can be hard depending on the study material you use. Comptia exams can be very esoteric. Get a hold of every question and answer you can. I recommend snagging a few books from boarders or the library if only for the questions at the end of the chapters or on the CD.

I hear there is a good podcast on A+, Mr. Ford's Guide to the A+ certification that is supposed to be good but I have not listened to it yet.

Best of luck!
    -Daniel