Reading two books at once

I'm currently working on my MCDBA. I need one more test to obtain it and I'm reading a C# book since I will use 70-528 as my MCBDA elective. I also want to make sure I keep SQL fresh in my mind. Would it be difficult to read a SQL book and C# book at the same time?

Comments

• tierstentiersten Posts: 4,505Member
    Assuming you can handle that much info then no, it shouldn't be too bad since C# and SQL don't look anything like each other.
  • zen masterzen master Posts: 222Member
    At uni, most people do courses in databases and programming in the same semester, so I don't see why it should be that much of a problem if you have enough free time to get the work done.
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Posts: 230Member
    Sounds good. I just don't want the sql knowledge to get pushed out by the C# stuff as I don't currently use sql on a day to day basis.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,293Admin Admin
    jbrown414 wrote:
    Sounds good. I just don't want the sql knowledge to get pushed out by the C# stuff as I don't currently use sql on a day to day basis.
    Have you ever experienced one type of knowledge "pushing out" another type of knowledge from your brain? If not, I wouldn't worry about it happening. If so, consider if the two knowledge-types and how close they are to SQL and C# and judge the probability of that happening again.

By the way, there are plenty of C# projects that involve writing embedded SQL, so needing to know and use both languages is rather common.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Posts: 273Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    why not read three? icon_cool.gif