Options

Please proofread my resume

singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
I would like to request someone to proofread my resume and suggest ways to manipualte in order to make it more convincing to the eyes of recruiter. I would appreciate any pointers from my fellow friends here.

A quick question about summary statement, is it ok to have summary statement contained sentences like "seeking a rewarding position" or " in pursuit of challenging support role" I am thinking by adding those statements it no longer remains summary and rather become an objective statement. please provide some insight.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgr98fwm_0d732fncn

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    singh8281 wrote:
    A quick question about summary statement, is it ok to have summary statement contained sentences like "seeking a rewarding position" or " in pursuit of challenging support role" I am thinking by adding those statements it no longer remains summary and rather become an objective statement. please provide some insight.
    No I wouldn't put that in there. As I've said before in previous posts, the person reading your resume couldn't care less what you want (they'll find that out in the interview if you get that far) - they are solely focused on what they need.

To start with here's a few changes:
    - change your summary into bullet form
    - move technical skills so it falls next after summary but before experience
    - add the internship under work experience and put it chronologically
  • Options
    Thanks Astors for responding to this post. Are you sure about puting summary into bulleted form, so far all resumes I have gone through, they were all in paragraph form.

I did make some changes to the summary to make it look like a summary rather than objective, whats the acceptable length of summary?. I think mine's little brief so will add extra line.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgr98fwm_1cmvmh6g7
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    singh8281 wrote:
    Thanks Astors for responding to this post. Are you sure about puting summary into bulleted form, so far all resumes I have gone through, they were all in paragraph form.

I did make some changes to the summary to make it look like a summary rather than objective, whats the acceptable length of summary?. I think mine's little brief so will add extra line. And how do I go about attaching internship to the job experience, shouldn't that stay as part of the education.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgr98fwm_1cmvmh6g7
    Sorry, what I mean was highlight (with bullets) some of your strengths in your summary statement, see here for an example.

I agree its a little brief, expand on it only if you have something to add though - don't just add filler.

I consider internships (I assume we're talking like a co-op program here) as work experience. You can indicate that it was as a part of your education, but you got experience working with another company during that time and should make sure to include it.
  • Options
    Gotcha! That is certainly impressive, Thanks for pointers Astors, will work on it and post it back here for review.