Options

Trial software

Are the trial keys provided with the MS training kits, limited in the number of installs? or can they be installed to a unlimited ammount of VMs??

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Even if they don't, you can get it directly from Microsoft: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb430831.aspx

I can't remember if they make you activate them or not, but even if they do, you can get something like 30-60 days before being required to activate them.

I use a Technet download subscription myself. No feature or time limitations. It's $299/year though.
  • Options
    dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    mmm considering the ammount of information on that site I do see that as a advantage. Do you recomend it?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dredlord wrote:
    mmm considering the ammount of information on that site I do see that as a advantage. Do you recomend it?

What information are you referring to? All the information on Technet is available free of charge. Is that what you are asking about? The download subscription just allows you to download any (most?) MS products and use them without any limitations for testing and evaluation. It was worth it for me, but you can get by without it if you don't want to spend the money.