Network Engineer

jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
This company http://www.auroraent.com/careers.html#networkeng called me today, for a phone interview, it was something that I was not anticipating to go serious, after the phone screening they wanted to do an in-person interview, I'm wondering what's your feedback on this.

This company is a small company that provides security appliance and setup to different fortune 50 companies, including state and federal. It requires travelling around LA and some out of state travelling.

Comments

• malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jbaello wrote:
    This company http://www.auroraent.com/careers.html#networkeng called me today, for a phone interview, it was something that I was not anticipating to go serious, after the phone screening they wanted to do an in-person interview, I'm wondering what's your feedback on this.

This company is a small company that provides security appliance and setup to different fortune 50 companies, including state and federal. It requires travelling around LA and some out of state travelling.

If I was you I would have kept the exact company to myself and just posted the job description!

Looks like a good job though, what you doing at the moment and is this the direction you want to go in? It looks more infrastructure based than network based, but there's no harm in going for an interview!

Keep your options open - always!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That position looks more like a System Admin / Network Admin position. I don't think the title directly reflects the job role, but that's just my opinion. Seems like a stable position, lots of clients and lots of work.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mamono wrote:
    That position looks more like a System Admin / Network Admin position. I don't think the title directly reflects the job role, but that's just my opinion. Seems like a stable position, lots of clients and lots of work.

This is my number 1 requirement stability, and ofcourse the company should know that there is balance on work and life outside the company, the pay is great 80 K vs. my 65 K plus the ability to really hone Microsoft/Exchange skills and not to mention security experience is pretty big.

We'll see I might not be qualified enough, which is something I will not push further if I am not, I will not rush things cause I know my time will come, it might be a much better gig.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds good. Best of luck to you dude. Seems like you have a very good idea of what you want and what to expect. Just keep off the 1 pot of coffee a day and 24/7 on-call, and you'll be fine. :)
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jbaello wrote:
    mamono wrote:

This is my number 1 requirement stability, and ofcourse the company should know that there is balance on work and life outside the company, the pay is great 80 K vs. my 65 K plus the ability to really hone Microsoft/Exchange skills and not to mention security experience is pretty big.

Damn, I need to move where you live.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."