Madden 09

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone buying it?

I might pick it up. Dunno though, football games are always weird for me. As long as I have somebody to play against, it might be fun. Football (American) is probably my least favorite out of the 4 major sports but I still enjoy it. I think EA is half-assing it due to its NFL License monopoly, but hey what do i know? :P

Unfortunately, my income is not as disposable as it used to be, so I might wait until some kid returns it to the game store and I can buy used :D
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nope.

How about Geometry Wars 2 and Braid? Awesome XBLA games! Castle Crashers is out on the 27th.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/geometrywarsretroevolved2
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/braid

I still haven't finished GTA IV or Ninja Gaiden 2. I need to pick up the pace icon_sad.gif

This fall is going to be insane. Definitely looking forward to Fallout 3 the most.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Nope.

How about Geometry Wars 2 and Braid? Awesome XBLA games! Castle Crashers is out on the 27th.

I still haven't finished GTA IV or Ninja Gaiden 2. I need to pick up the pace icon_sad.gif

This fall is going to be insane. Definitely looking forward to Fallout 3 the most.

I am looking forward to fallout as well. Hopefully its as good as the hype.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Nope.

I am looking forward to fallout as well. Hopefully its as good as the hype.

Madden is a pretty amazing game in my opinion.

Catch up with a good club on the game and you can learn alot of stuff... Unfortanetly its turned into a game if you don't practice at it, you usually get your butt kicked.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I love Madden and will probably pick up the new one as I have been playing for years.

I was disappointed last year as it seemed almost nothing was updated, same game different number.

In my opinion NCAA football has been better for quite a few years running now.....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    following my love for Geometry Wars the first one and placing in the top 400 I had to immedialetly get Geowars 2 and I am absolutely in love.. Man is that game awesome.. The top 40 in ALL categories need serious help though, they are rediculous scores.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Of course not too many people in here will like Madden. It is only the best game of all time! Best of all, you can play one game (20 minutes), put it down and not get sucked in for 8 hours a day. I know people who almost got divorced from games like WoW and I think one dude in Asia forgot to eat and died while playing.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Madden... my two favorites.

I got a simulator and played the old Mike Tyson's Punch Out and you know what? Still Fun. icon_lol.gif
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    snadam wrote:
    Unfortunately, my income is not as disposable as it used to be, so I might wait until some kid returns it to the game store and I can buy used :D

Mine income isn't either, I live alone and my mortgage takes care of most of my paycheck. icon_cry.gif

I'm usually a few years behind on all the games, but I've always loved the Madden's. A few months ago I picked up an Xbox (Yes, the first one) and like 20 games for 100 bucks. Hey, it was a step up from my Dreamcast! icon_eek.gif Remember that thing? So I've been playing Madden 05 for the past month or so. I remember playing madden back in the 90's.

I Figure maybe in 2015 I'll get around to playing Madden 09'. icon_lol.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    Madden's got nothing on Tecmo Bowl!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    dynamik wrote:

Wow that brings back memories, spent countless hours playing that game.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    dynamik wrote:

Right on!

Tecmo Bowl was the first real video football game!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nope i wont be! Cant stand american football (sorry guys) i prefer real football icon_lol.gif

When it comes to gaming i actually like ice hockey games in terms of sports from the US.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    Nope i wont be! Cant stand american football (sorry guys) i prefer real football icon_lol.gif

When it comes to gaming i actually like ice hockey games in terms of sports from the US.

Well then, I have one for you too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFHWToil8s
    nel wrote:

actually, to be honest, I like soccer...er...football better as well! I have been playing Winning Eleven/PES series for a few years now. All my friends play too, and we always have a blast!!!
    In order for me:
    Baseball
    Hockey
    Basketball
    Soccer
    Boxing/MMA
    Football

I STILL have my tecmo super bowl cartridge for the NES and my original NES as well; now THOSE were the days of good football!

Netadmin: Yes, I do remember dreamcast, and I still play it!!! We have been playing sega bass fishing on it for a month or so now :P always fun!

• LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Aldur wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Right on!

Tecmo Bowl was the first real video football game!

True, but it doesn't hold up as well as some other old games. Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Pac Man, Missle Command, Asteroid... are all still fun to play. After Madden, I can't enjoy Tecmo Bowl anymore.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    nel wrote:

Haha tremendous.

What was that hockey game for the mega drive where you would play then all of a sudden when you started a fight it would stop, load for about 5 minutes then start fighting ?
    actually, to be honest, I like soccer...er...football better as well! I have been playing Winning Eleven/PES series for a few years now. All my friends play too, and we always have a blast!!!

Snadam, pro evo is a great game! best football game out there imo. Im suprised because ive came across quite a few americans who are starting to like football lately. Seems to be picking up quite abit lately but i doubt it will overtake many US sports. but thankfully it already has world domination icon_twisted.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    nel wrote:

Haha tremendous.

What was that hockey game for the mega drive where you would play then all of a sudden when you started a fight it would stop, load for about 5 minutes then start fighting ?

Snadam, pro evo is a great game! best football game out there imo. Im suprised because ive came across quite a few americans who are starting to like football lately. Seems to be picking up quite abit lately but i doubt it will overtake many US sports. but thankfully it already has world domination icon_twisted.gif

It's sad because I think the US gets into soccer when the world cup is around; and thats every 4 years. MLS is pretty much a joke in most markets here except for ethnically diverse populations (ie new york). I think its a great change when youre sick of baseball/basketball/football.

I love the PES series; I wish they had MLS teams on it though so I can at least somewhat relate though.

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    dynamik wrote:

Hells yeah! Tecmo bowl and ExciteBike were two of my favorites, along with RC Pro am.....

As for Madden, I stink at those games, and actually most games too. Those first person shooters are my worst, as I have trouble working two joysticks and 6 buttons at the same time. I find myself running in circles looking at the sky, and then finally fixing my character, and getting shot in the head......

I might be getting a PS3 soon though, as I'm waiting patiently for Guitar Hero 4....in the meantime, I play my NES when it works, and PS2 when it doesn't......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    Ricka182 wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Hells yeah! Tecmo bowl and ExciteBike were two of my favorites, along with RC Pro am.....

As for Madden, I stink at those games, and actually most games too. Those first person shooters are my worst, as I have trouble working two joysticks and 6 buttons at the same time. I find myself running in circles looking at the sky, and then finally fixing my character, and getting shot in the head......

I might be getting a PS3 soon though, as I'm waiting patiently for Guitar Hero 4....in the meantime, I play my NES when it works, and PS2 when it doesn't......

I say we get a league going, on madden 09 PS3, anyone interested?
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Just buy last years version of Madden, theres probably a 95% chance it'll be the same as this years.

I find it kinda sad people spend $60 buck or so on a game that just has a few updates, talk about giving away money.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Talic wrote:
    I find it kinda sad people spend $60 buck or so on a game that just has a few updates, talk about giving away money.

Actually there are quite a few new features that make this year's Madden great (love the rewind feature). I still suck at it though icon_sad.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)