Options

My Experience with 70-235 (BizTalk)

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
Passed today with a 914, which is now my highest score on a Microsoft exam.

The exam terminated twice, which was frustrating, and ultimately made me decide to cut my review time short. I voiced my displeasure in the survey at the end. Additionally, I once again pointed out how dirty and unkempt the testing center is that I use (I continue to use it because it is within .5 miles of my house).

70-235 is a fairly rare exam. There's not a lot of good study material available. My study consisted of the Microsoft Official Courseware for courses related to BizTalk. I found it to be useful. What helped most was having installed and used BizTalk in both my lab and as part of a project for one of my customers. IMO this one would be difficult to pass without hands on BizTalk experience.

I've been laying low because of an intense travel/work schedule. Lots of time spent in Albany, NY.

Not sure what's up next certification-wise. I am working on delivering some customized WebSphere Business Modeler training for a customer related to an SOA project, so the relevant IBM certification in this area might be next. I have also been doing quite a bit of SQL Server-related work throughout the summer. I've read the book for 70-431 as well, but not sure that I'm ready for that exam...

WIP = Undecided

MS

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats eMeS!!! Must be a hectic schedule traveling all over the country, which puts even more emphasis on my congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eMeS wrote:
    Additionally, I once again pointed out how dirty and unkempt the testing center is that I use (I continue to use it because it is within .5 miles of my house).

That's like my bathroom. It's filthy, but closest gas station is like a block away, so I keep using it. Wait... that was a horrible analogy. Nevermind...

Congratulations on the pass! The exams that aren't mainstream seem to be difficult to study for. Glad you made it through. If you're going the SQL route, remember that 2008 was just released.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass eMeS! icon_thumright.gif

I feel your pain on the travel thing.

dynamik, all I can offer is...
    Molly Maid
    245 Marie Avenue East, Suite 101
    West St. Paul, MN 55118
    651-439-1466
    :P