Options

just had an interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is completely wrong and could be reported. As previous said this is not the time or place for such jokes.
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Networker >> AMEN!!!
    Or maybe "You're daughter sure doesn't think so"

Phliplip >> I'm not familiar with your experience level, but you only list an A+ cert. So I"m guessing your maybe a little light on the experience which they should have known. So any decent techs would have simply said something like no all cables are connected securely. Given that much info, I'm sure your next suggestion would have been to try to ping a pc on the same subnet, then the gateway of that LAN, then the gateway of the other LAN, then a pc on the other LAN. Which of course would lead to not being able to get past the local gateway. With that much info you'd quickly get to the missing gateway. Or you may have started with IPCONFIG as you said and also noticed it. Either way in real life you would have been doing just fine.

Store the postive info (you learned to ask questions next time) and keep on keeping on.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am very light on technical interview experience so that pressure may have clouded my thoughts some. this place doesnt have and HR dept it was just the company manager and i guess the head techs?? im not really sure what the other guys positions are.

but oh well, the only thing i lost was gas and time. i sit for the last part of my CCNA next month and finish my associates degree by the end of the year im sure ill find something better than a fly-by-night tech support company

they also mentioned that if i had got the job that i would help support an AS 400 system. time for an upgrade maybe? i wonder what company they are contracted with that uses AS 400. the only company's i heard that use those still are banks. icon_rolleyes.gif