Do you own a SAN?

2»

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tiersten wrote:
    Oh yeah. I wasn't saying that you should use this in an enterprise situation. Just for home or small office usage :)
    Glad to hear it, some of those comments there were advocating it for everything and I found it kind of ridiculous. :D
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    anyone having problems with AD integration with the new release of 2.3? I cant seem to get it working. I am going to stick with 2.2.
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Here I thought I was the bad guy sucking up power with personal SANs :) I've got 2x StorageTek D178's with 90x 73gb 10k RPM disks and Mcdata 2gb FC switches in the garage. It's fun to play with ESX and Oracle RAC on those :) I got 'em very cheap. Only problem was getting help getting them loaded for the ride home, and unloaded into the garage. I got some good QLogic HBA's on eBay really cheap too. I'm glad my neighbor is an electrician :)
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    cablegod wrote:
    Here I thought I was the bad guy sucking up power with personal SANs :) I've got 2x StorageTek D178's with 90x 73gb 10k RPM disks and Mcdata 2gb FC switches in the garage. It's fun to play with ESX and Oracle RAC on those :) I got 'em very cheap. Only problem was getting help getting them loaded for the ride home, and unloaded into the garage. I got some good QLogic HBA's on eBay really cheap too. I'm glad my neighbor is an electrician :)
    Ah so you're one of "those" guys too. :D

That's quite the setup. My friend and you would get along great. Nothing beats a RAC in a rack at home. icon_lol.gif
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Ok, so with 2.3 it looks like you have to disable windows firewall first to join it to the domain. Just thought I would let you guys know just incase you run into the same thing.

Also, point your san to your AD DNS server... I forgot the first time around and had to change the resolvconf file to reflect.
  • JamieMGJamieMG Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How others already say; I’m also using the StarWind Server, I fink that has been two years now, and what can I say “IS ASOME”
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Home SAN? There's an outside chance I could get my hands on an old CLARiiON CX300 sometime next year but I doubt it... it's in our office in China and I doubt they'll pay for shipping it back over here. I sure as heck won't, on top of what I'd probably have to pay for the actual hardware.

For learning purposes we're probably (will find out in the next couple of weeks) going to upgrade from CX3 to CX4 soon and replace the CX300 I mentioned with an AX4-5, so new stuff for me to play with.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Dont have one at home.

We use an equallogic PS6000 at work. Will be adding some more this year.