Options

SDM with GNS3

2»

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    try a different router image (i remember my 2611 image giving many issues)? try a earlier version of java?

i had many issues and lots of messing around until i could get it to play nice.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
    blogmaster wrote: »
    can't anyone help me to run the sdm setup? please I need to learn sdm, can't afford to buy a real router, and even after seeing this terrible installation problem, my wish to buy a real cisco router has faded away. I just don't understand why it is asking for privilege level 15 user although I am giving the right username and password!
    I also tried disabling windows firewall and all other network connection except the required loopback one.
    also used this login:
    #username name view root password pass

btw I too tried using "cisco" as password and also a different word of password, but failure, failure and failure.

Here is one problem.
    SDMRouter(config-line)#transport output telnet ssh
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I've found in times where SDM will not take the username and password that removing it and re-adding it sometimes helps. Also, I recommend the following download as the version of the JRE to use for SDM. It's the only one that doesn't consistently give me headaches.

JRE 1.4.2_06
  • Options
    blogmasterblogmaster Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    finally i make it. it was the freaking IOS version which was not allowing me to use SDM, please look the cisco sdm2.5 release note at
    SDM 2.5 Release Note [Cisco Router and Security Device Manager] - Cisco Systems

to learn which ios are supported and then use that.
  • Options
    stubbornstubborn Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my GNS3 works fine when im using one router and a cloud but since i put 3 routers and wants to connect to one of the routers by SDM it crashes .SDM luncher pops up and nothing happens.plzzZzZzzz help me???!!!1111