Options

Calling Party Transformations

waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

If you need to strip digits from the front of a calling party number how do you do it? Basically when a user makes a call currently their extension is being presented to the telco i.e 901044 but the telco only wants the last 3 digits 044. This means that the called party does not get the correct number showing on their phone.

On the route list there is the calling party transformation section but I dont see how you can remove the first three numbers using only # X * wildcards.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Waru

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You can use a voice translation-rule which is how I usually do it. It is very easy if your numbering plan is sequential. You could do something along the lines of:

rule 1 /^901/ //

Which would strip the first three digits before sending out to the PSTN. You may have to use a few more rules if all your extensions do not have the same first three digits.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In the end I achieved it by using the Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls section on the gatway page in call manager.

The number that was being presented was 904041
    I entered 3194XXX in the Caller ID DN box and now the number gets presented as 3194041 as the telco have requested (turns out they present 3 numbers to us but want 7 digits back)

Im glad its working but im still not sure how the mask works i.e how does it know that XXX refers to the last 3 digits in the original number??
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I was thinking it was odd that the PSTN only wanted 3 digits....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.