Options

Best Online Traing Sites?

cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm finally in a position where I can hit the books HARD for my Microsoft Certs, but I wanted a little advice first. I'm extremely interested in online training (if its considered a viable form of training) and I wanted to know which products were most recommended. To be a little more specific: I'm not necessarily speaking only of free training, but purchased online training as well. There seems to be a ton of sites out there offering training in a dozen different price ranges. If i was virtually unable to obtain more computers in order to create my own lab at home, could I still receive adequate training using virtual labs that some of these sites offer? And if so... which ones provide the best and most thorough training?
Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!

Comments

• Options
    texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    cusseta wrote:
    I'm finally in a position where I can hit the books HARD for my Microsoft Certs, but I wanted a little advice first. I'm extremely interested in online training (if its considered a viable form of training) and I wanted to know which products were most recommended. To be a little more specific: I'm not necessarily speaking only of free training, but purchased online training as well. There seems to be a ton of sites out there offering training in a dozen different price ranges. If i was virtually unable to obtain more computers in order to create my own lab at home, could I still receive adequate training using virtual labs that some of these sites offer? And if so... which ones provide the best and most thorough training?

Hands-on training is essential to being successful with the MS exams.If you can't create a lab with enough computers then maybe you can use virtualpc or try testout software.the testout software has labs in them.As far as training videos trainsignal,cbt nuggets and testout are the only ones I can recommend.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's your budget? You could build/upgrade to a decent machine for virtual machines and just use evaluation software. If you want instructor led training, check out CBT Nuggets or Train Signal. I'm not a big fan of online learning myself.
  • Options
    cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Right now I have a XPS 1530 Laptop and I could easily get my hands on an E-Machine ( icon_confused.gif ) or two. If that would be a better way to go, then I could certainly do that. Any suggestions on the best setup for the lab?
    Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A decent CPU with 2gb+ of RAM and sufficient storage space for your VMs is really all you need.