Options

Botched Interview

blayjinblayjin Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just botched an interview for a position that I really looked forward to getting into. Things were going well until I was asked simply, "what version of a particular application I used?" I had a brain **** and instantly lost all confidence the rest of the time. They kept it moving along in a good way but I didn't recover enough to even consider being called.

The interviewers seemed to like there jobs but kind of let off that there were concern about daily operations. Basically, being told to do a whole lot with very little resources and time. Everyone else at the table started to chime in but eventually got back on track with the interview. I just came from an environment like that and really don't wish to be back in that kind of situation. When I first heard this coming from the manager, I really didn't care and just wanted the job but I think I may have regretted it if I got it.

On a better note, I have another interview for a position requiring global travel and repetitious installs of networks from the ground up. I think this would be a great opportunity to gain much needed experience. I've been searching around for help with interviews and found this on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQdloL8HV0 He has multiple videos covering different aspects of the interview process.

Comments

• Options
    kripsakkripsak Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel too bad, I botched one this morning too. It was a phone interview, and she rudely said your not very experienced are you. I think I owe Debbie a good liver kick icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interviewing is extremely important! Do what you can to overcome nervousness.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Interviews are really just about talking about yourself for an 1/2 to 1 hour. People are just people. These people aren't God, they don't hold your life in their hands. They are just people. Of course there is interview etiquette that we all must abide by, but just go in, be relaxed as possible and talk about yourself and your accomplishments as if you were explaining them to a friend.