pass core looking for OS

ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
yesterday i passed the core with a 1054 i almost doubled the passing score i missed one question on objective 2.1
any body know some good sources to study for OS and what should i be looking for, so far i have been reading 2 books and i have some practice questions
thank you

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    firstly congratulations on the pass and the high score ;)

which books are you using?

do you have experience of running any of the operating systems examined?
    A+ Moderator
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Welcome to the forum also and congrats on the core portion of the exam.
    In reference to what bellboy asked how much is experience is correct. If in fact you are preparing from two books then you must be also fluenty testing out many of its lab procedures to help you.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    enhanced A+ guide to managing and maintaining your PC by jean andrews (cource technologies) and ATI A+ cource volume 2 , and i also have cource technology's A+ exam preperation
    i am pretty good at windows i have instaled Win 95, 98, NT, me, 2000, and XP many many times
    the things that i do not understand are the autoexec.bat and all this stuff that you never realy even use when working on your PC and fixing others
    anyways you have tutorials in here and i figured are there any other sites that you would recomend
    thank you for your help
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh yes autoexec.bat etc ..... it surely does pay to remember them, even though problems in NTLDR are becoming more common. When studying for A+ we have to remember that there are many legacy items on our lovely new machines and even more important - there are a whole lot of early pentiums out there still doing good jobs as Word Processors and Work Stations on many networks and in private homes.
    The new students where I train always grumble about learning DOS and other things because they have a nice P4 and expect everyone to upgrade just because they can. Like most things in life we need to know the history to understand the present and the future icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    you won't be expected to create or edit autoexec.bat or config.sys files in the exam, but will be expected to know some of the syntax and what items may be referenced in them.
    A+ Moderator
    any good things that i should realy need to know
    pertty good with instaling operating systems
    thanks
  • CalvinFFCalvinFF Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What did you study for the core, because I failed it and can use some help. Did you go to a class or self study? icon_lol.gif
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Calvin what materials are you using to prepare for the exam which you failed?
    Use the Mike Myers 4th Edition book on A+
    Use the question pool from this very site.
    Also read for 45 minutes, take a rest of 5 minutes and continue this routine for 3 hours.
    Repition increases memory flow.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • vankman1vankman1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My lab partner gave me this study book called A+ Adaptive Exams. It was the only book I used to focus on the cert with. THis guy knows his stuff. I got bombed with WIN2K and NT questions. The book got me through it all. Use it if you need help...
    i used cource tech exam guide enhanced A+, cource A+ managing and maintaining the PC, and i got other tutorials from this site as well as others.
    thank you