Options

problems with IIS Server

mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have just set up IIS server on my Win 2003 Server machine but I cannot access my website from the the machines within the network and also outside my network but I can access the website using local host.

Initially I could access the default website from another machine but I could not access the other website after the default so I changed the path of the default website to point it to the website I had setup in virtual directory. After changing this I can no longer access the new website I have updated. I get a 404 error message.

I have checked my firewall settings and I have configured my router to direct all traffic to the server.

What else can be stopping external traffic from accessing my website? I have not configured any antivirus on it.

Also I setup an ftp site and I can access that without any problems.

Comments

• Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    mishy wrote:
    I have just set up IIS server on my Win 2003 Server machine but I cannot access my website from the the machines within the network and also outside my network but I can access the website using local host.

Initially I could access the default website from another machine but I could not access the other website after the default so I changed the path of the default website to point it to the website I had setup in virtual directory. After changing this I can no longer access the new website I have updated. I get a 404 error message.

I have checked my firewall settings and I have configured my router to direct all traffic to the server.

What else can be stopping external traffic from accessing my website? I have not configured any antivirus on it.

Also I setup an ftp site and I can access that without any problems.

First check the port and your ip address of your iis website. I believe its an address issue, sounds like a conflict within your websites.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    check the directory security in the properties of your site. Right click your site > select properties > click on the directory security tab
    check all the security buttons and see if anything is configured wrong.