Options

Laptop Help

pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
Okay, I have this Sony FS VGN-FS640 laptop. When I plug in the AC adapter it doesnt turn on, it also does not turn on with the battery in, also does not work when other the AC or Battery are plugged in alone. It shows no signs of charging (lights lighting up on the laptop) but it does show the green on light on the charger. I was wondering if anyone thinks if its the AC adapter in the laptop and that has to be replaced or what.
Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Chances are the wire near the plug that goes into the laptop is bad. Thats usually what causes this. Plug it in and wiggle/squeeze the wire. If it is the wire then at some point the LED to say its got power will light up.

If it isn't that then you've got the possibility of a dead PSU or a dead DC-DC converter board inside the laptop. You'll need to find somebody with a compatible Sony PSU to try on your laptop.
  • Options
    ok thanks ill defiantly try that ill post back with result tomorrow.
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Try taking the battery out and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then trying it as normal.
  • Options
    "Try taking the battery out and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then trying it as normal."

Nothing ):

Still have to try the wire one still.